Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's Catholic Media Promotion Day!

As you may recall on my post for Catholic Media Promotion Day today is the day we are supposed to:
On March 15, 2011, everyone with a blog, podcast, or Facebook page should list their favorite 3 blogs, 3 podcasts, 3 other media, 3 random Catholic things online, and their own projects.
This presents a problem for me, as it is very hard to narrow the list down to three of each, but here goes. One of my goals here is to list things that I really like but that perhaps are not so mainstream as to have everybody list them.

Blogs

  1. Redneck Reflections - This guy is the smartest redneck I've ever met. "It's not what you expect. It's what you fear."
  2. Darwin Catholic - Is a great blog about science (and Catholicism). I like the tag line "...because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive."
  3. Satan's blog - Yes, know thy enemy, by following his blog.

Podcasts

  1. Catholic Answers Live - I started listening to this when I had no other podcasts to listen to. I've yet to find an episode where I didn't learn something new and interesting.
  2. The Catholic Laboratory - Over 1000 years of Catholic science.
  3. The Saintcast - A podcast about Catholic Saints.

Other Media

  1. Catholic TV - A new Catholic broadband streamed TV network.
  2. Pope2you - Did you know the Vatican has a Youtube Channel?
  3. Ignatius Press - Old style printed media. Ignatius press is the official publisher of Pope Benedict, and carries his latest book Jesus of Nazareth - Holy Week

Other random Catholic things online

  1. The Cukierski Family Apostolate - Purveyors of natural health products and all sorts of unusual Catholic sacramentals.
  2. Drawn to Catholicism - Owen Swain is an online friend of mine who has this (almost) daily drawn blog.
  3. Catholic Preachy - The brain child of two other online friends of mine - Jerry Kohlbrand and Paul Sofranko.

My projects

  1. This blog.

6 comments:

I didn't know you were doing the Catholic Preachy, Paul! Ha! Adding you now! This is a fun meme!

For all it's worth, Mike, I promoted you on my blog. I think I have 80 subscribers now, so every little bit will help. I think you are well on your way to being one of the best blogs out there!

Paul, you are welcome - God bless you guys for your cross and your service.

Christie, I am honored. I encourage both my subscribers to go visit your blogs. ;-)

Boy it was hard picking just three. I'm gonna have to post some follow ups.

Great recommendations. Thanks for sharing :) I wasn't even aware of those blogs.

Mike, just for the record... You ROCK!

Also want to let you know that I plugged you over at http://catholicfoodie.com today. You are doing great work over here. Keep it up!

God bless you, my brother!

Jeff

PS - Thanks for the tip on Satan's Blog. I didn't know about that one. It's now in my Google Reader!

Thank you Carina and Jeff. I got a half dozen or so new podcasts and blogs to follow today. Now if only I could finish that time machine I've been working on...

Post a Comment