Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Joke

The man had been in a coma for several months. Things did not look promising, but his wife was by his bedside every single day. Week after week she faithfully sat with him.

One day he slipped back into consciousness, and motioned for her to come close to him. She pulled the chair close to the bed and leaned her ear close to be able to hear him.

"You know" he whispered, his eyes filling with tears, "you have been with me through all the bad times. When I was stung by the bee on our honeymoon and had to be hospitalized, you held my hand. When I got fired, you stuck right beside me. When I was hit by a car, you nursed me back to health. When my business went under, there you were. When we lost the house, you stood with me. When I got shot, you rode in the ambulance with me. When my health started failing, you were still by my side. Now I have been in a coma all this time, you are still with me. And you know what?"

"What, dear?" she asked gently, smiling to herself.

"I think you're bad luck."

0 comments:

Post a Comment