Sunday, December 21, 2014

Chokladboll

I haven't done a recipe in a long time. When I was a child we had a kid's cook book that had something called "refrigerator cookies" in it. Somewhere along the line the cook book disappeared, and I spent a long time looking for the beloved refrigerator cookie recipe. All I remembered was it contained oats and chocolate, and it was delicious.

A few years ago I discovered this recipe that tastes like I remember the refrigerator cookies of my youth. We make it for parties when we don't have a lot of time to prepare, because they can literally be made in 15 minutes or so. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

3 ½Cups Oats (can be instant or regular oatmeal)
1Cup Granulated Sugar
Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
1Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1Stick (4 ounces) Unsalted butter
6Tablespoons Coffee (the drink, not the grounds)
1Cup Shredded Coconut

Directions

Mix everything together. You can use a food processor if you want to reduce the oat a little, but it's not necessary.

Place coconut in shallow dish. Roll the mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls, then roll each in coconut.

Refrigerate in airtight container.

Makes about 3 dozen balls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment