Thursday, May 2, 2013

God bless Planned Parenthood

I've been reading story after story about Obama's invoking God's blessing upon Planned Parenthood. Most of the authors seem very angry that Obama could be so audacious, or the hypocrisy involved. Until last night I was thinking along the same lines. Then last night I was chatting with a friend who reminded me that God cannot go against His nature. So what kind of blessings could He bring to Planned Parenthood, should He heed Obama's prayer? Not likely what Obama intended when he made it.

It reminded me of the story of Joseph in Genesis 50, specifically verse 20, where Joseph remarks on his brothers' act in selling him into slavery "Even though you meant harm to me, God meant it for good, to achieve this present end, the survival of many people." And so I join our president sincerely in saying "God bless Planned Parenthood."

0 comments:

Post a Comment