Saturday, February 19, 2011

What's a spiritual bouquet?

This is something very beautiful and relatively new to me. You all know what a bouquet of flowers is - a pretty arrangement of a bunch of flowers. Well, imagine the same thing, but instead of flowers, it's made up of masses, prayers, and other spiritual devotions. What a great gift! You can join in creating a spiritual bouquet for Pope Benedict XVI to be given to him on the feast of St. Joseph (March 19th) by going over to Fr. Z's blog and "voting" for the thing you are doing. There's also a link for this over on the right hand side bar.

As Fr. Z points out, this is not only a wonderful way to support our Holy Father, but it can get you an indulgence. I suppose I should write a post on what an indulgence is, but I think the link I just gave explains it better than I could.

0 comments:

Post a Comment