article in Rolling Stones and I have to say I don't get it. I can't believe Obama would be offended by McChrystal saying he "thought Obama looked 'uncomfortable and intimidated'" and that he "he didn't seem very engaged", to the point of saying "all options are on the table" despite McChrystal's apology; and yet instantly and offhandedly accept Harry Reid's apology for his comments about Obama being "light skinned" and "with no Negro dialect".
It seems the news is full of apologies involving Obama and his administration. So I did some googling and came up with a short list:
- McChrystal apologizes for remarks about Obama.
- There was Joe Barton's forced apology for his apology to BP.
- Harry Reid apologizes to Obama for his offensive racist remarks.
- Joe Biden apologizes to Justice Roberts for criticizing his memory.
- Joe Biden apologizes to Obama for calling Obama "articulate".
- Joe Biden later went on to apologize to everyone (pretty much).
- Joe Biden apologizes for using the "F" word.
- Hillary Clinton apologizes for her Kenneday assassination remarks.
- Hillary Clinton apologizes for her husband's and campaign manager's comments about Obama.
- Obama apologizes for comparing his lack of bowling skills to the Special Olympics.
- Obama refuses to apologize for calling police Sgt. James Crowley stupid.
- Obama does, however, apologize to China for America's immigration laws.
- Obama apologized to Germans for America's part in WWII.
- Obama apologized to Europeans for liberating Iraq.
- Obama apologized to Europe for being dismissive to its allies. How ironic is that, considering his snubbing Gordon Brown, Netanyahu, Sarkozy (no doubt because he thought Chirac was still president), Indonesia, Berlusconi, and the entire EU, to name a few.
- In fact Obama has apologized for just about everything American.
I'm sure there are more apologies out there - I only googled the ones I could remember. This might just be the sorriest administration in American history. I know I'm sorry.