Friday, January 11, 2013

Time

I have a ton of stuff I'd like to write about, but no time to do it. So here are some stories that I'm thinking about...

NEW YORK--(Business Wire)-- The National Father`s Day Council announced today that it has selected President Bill Clinton, Founder of the William J. Clinton Foundation and 42nd President of the United States, as a 2013 "Father of the Year" Award recipient.

"With the profound generosity, leadership and tireless dedication to both his public office and many philanthropic organizations, President Clinton exemplifies the attributes that we celebrate through the father of the year award."

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli said on a syndicated radio program that going to jail may be an effective way to protest a federal mandate that employers cover contraceptives in insurance plans...
"My local bishop said he told a group, 'Well, you know, I told a group I'm ready to go to jail,' and I told him, 'Bishop, don't take this personally - you need to go to jail," Cuccinelli said, trying to balance levity with seriousness.


JACKSON, Ohio — So many people showed up tonight to take a stand for Jesus that a meeting to discuss whether a painting of Him should hang in a public school had to be moved to a bigger space...

The leader of Jackson City Schools said it would take a higher authority than the Freedom From Religion Foundation to force the painting’s removal after 65 years.
“I’m certainly not going to run down there and take the picture down because some group from Madison, Wis., who knows nothing about the culture of our community or why the picture is even there, wants me to take it down,” Howard told WKKJ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment