Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Joke

One of the people I like to listen to and read is Julie Davis. She and Scott Danielson do an awesome podcast called A Good Story is Hard to Find. She also podcasts at Forgotten Classics, and blogs at Meanwhile Back in the Kitchen and Happy Catholic. Over at Happy Catholic, Julie often (not always) offers a "weekend joke" on her blog. every Monday I check to see if there is a joke, and even though most are groaners I find myself going back for more.

So I thought, if I enjoy them, why not share some jokes myself? And why wait until the weekend, when Mondays are much more depressing. And so, without further ado, is my first (of hopefully many) Monday Joke. Feel free to suggest some if you think you can do better.

A man went straight from work Friday to a weekend of fishing with his buddies, without a word to his wife. Needless to say, she was worried, and when he ambled in on Sunday evening she greeted him at the door with a cold stare, which didn't warm when he told her of his weekend activities.

"How would you like it if you suddenly didn't see me for three days?" she asked.

"That would be fine" came the answer.

Sure enough, Monday he didn't see her at all. The same again on Tuesday. Finally, on Wednesday evening, he could see her a little, out of one eye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment