Thursday, September 11, 2014

Never Forget


I typically don't post much on 9-11. I mean it's obligatory to post something to commemorate the event, but it's not an event I like to remember. So I thought I'd write about what we really should never forget.

Let's never forget a president who, rather than spouting rhetoric and hatred, expressed his sorrow and pursued justice.

Let's never forget the men and women who risked their lives to try to rescue survivors.

Especially now that we seem hopelessly divided, let's never forget how we all came together as brothers and sisters

...and above all let's not forget God.


St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against
the wickedness and snares of the devil;
may God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host,
by the power of God, thrust into hell
Satan and all evil spirits
who wander through the world
seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment