Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Christmas Carol

As the Christmas season draws to a close (just a couple more days to the Epiphany) I thought I would share a song. If I shared it earlier it would have ruined the "real" song for this year - hopefully by next year you will have forgotten it. If not, "Oh well":



...and from the "real" song:
Then let us all with one accord
Sing praises to our heavenly Lord
That hath made Heaven and earth of nought
And with his blood mankind has bought.
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
Born is the King of Israel!
Interestingly enough, the version we sang today had a different last verse, which honored the Trinity rather than just Christ. I'm told that's a common Catholic practice. I didn't save the song book and I couldn't find the alternate ending online, but a friend was able to look it up for me. Thanks!
Then let us all with one accord
Sing praises to our heav'nly Lord
Who with the Father we adore
And Spirit blest forevermore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment