Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hating ourselves

On the right sidebar of this blog (unless I have changed it by the time you read this - I am fickle) I have a list of "favorite quotes. One is a quote by Janet Smith:
We live in a culture in which condoms can be handed out in schools and Bibles can’t. And I think that tells you everything you need to know about our society.
A comment by a friend got me to thinking along similar lines. We live in a culture where "the family jewels" are now called "junk". I think that tells you everything you need to know about how we feel about ourselves

In this "enlightened" society, our equal, empowered women are referred to as sub-human animals ("bitches") and our equal, empowered black community members use the "N" word to refer to themselves. How far we've come.

1 comments:

I am not attach by memory. I don't think.

Post a Comment